The game designer is responsible for creating high quality game content. They make sure that the game content and functionalities aligns with the vision for the project, that the game is easy to use, and most of all that the game is an awesome experience for the player.
- Game experiences that challenge and delight the player.
- Levels, quests, dialogue and other mechanisms to support the gameplay experience.
- Concise and clear documentation that communicates a game’s design vision.
- Balanced game systems that feel fair and rewarding.
- Knowledge of free-to-play monetization techniques.
- Passionately represent the interests of the player in every step of development.
- Contribute to the design team with feedback and other improvements.
ROLE BASED COMPETENCIES
- An understanding of the technical and creative game design process.
- Hands on experience with Unity is a plus.
- Contribute to the creation of new concepts and pitches.
- Creativity and imagination to flesh out a game’s content in its whole.
- Be able to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines.
- A strong passion for making and playing games.
- 2+ years experience with game design, experience in mobile game development a plus.
- Experience on shipped products.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Read, write and speak excellent English.
- Able to work at our office in The Hague
- Able to work 40 hours per week
- Understanding of Dutch is a plus
Paladin has six core values that we’re looking for in team members:
Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams of 6-12 people. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly round table meetings, all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
For more information, see paladinstudios.com and paladinstudios.com/blog.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer based in The Hague, The Netherlands. We are a team of 45+ knights, and growing fast. Our mission is to create games with a spark for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
We are currently working on several new games for mobile, console and PC platforms.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form. Please link to your portfolio and CV, or add them as attachments. We look forward to hearing from you!