The 3D Animator creates animations in various styles, ready to be implemented. Together with the development and art team you give life to our characters and worlds. The 3D Animator is able to create believable animations up to par when it comes to performance and visual appeal. The 3D animator is passionate about clean tangents, tight curves, smooth movement and continuously looks for improvements in the workflow.
- Deliver strong emotive animations for human, creature and mechanical in-game characters.
- Create believable animations for objects taking weight and mass in account.
- Create facial animations for cartoon figures to realistic characters.
- Create gameplay animations like: combat, idle and movement ready to be implemented.
- Work with art colleagues to improve the quality and processes of art creation.
ROLE BASED COMPETENCIES
- Experience with animating different types of characters and dynamic objects.
- Feeling for weight, mass and timing to create believable animations.
- Good eye for depth, volume, proportions, silhouette and readability.
- Knowledgeable about rigging.
- Knowledgeable about real-time 3D rendering best practices.
- An understanding of different animation techniques.
- Organised, able to work in a file structure according to best practices.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of designers, artist and programmers.
- Experience with repositories like SVN or GitHub.
- Plus: Knowledge of Maya and Unity.
- Plus: Knowledge of edge flow and deformation for skinned characters.
- Plus: Knowledge of low-poly modeling techniques.
- 2+ years experience with animations for games.
- Read, write and talk excellent English
- Able to work 32+ hours per week at our studio in The Hague
Paladin has six core values that we’re looking for in team members:
Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
In our weekly "round table meetings", all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
For more information, see paladinstudios.com and paladinstudios.com/blog.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer based in The Hague, The Netherlands. We are a team of 55+ knights, and have been growing fast for the past few years. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
We are currently working on our next generation of games, focusing on console, PC and mobile platforms.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form and we'll get back to you ASAP. We look forward to hearing from you!